16 Authentic Indian Food In Singapore to enjoy the real taste of India.
India is not well known for magnificent scenic beauty but it is also renowned for the Authentic Indian food throughout the history. Singapore is a hot spot for Indian Food. This country has incorporated the rich heritage of the different food dishes such as Indian, Chinese, Malaysian attractions. This is essential to eat mouth-watering dishes of Singapore. In Singapore, you will easily find the North and South Indian dishes.
16 Authentic Indian Dishes In Singapore
- Butter Chicken: Butter chicken is commonly known as Murgh Makhani. This is one of the common Indian dishes that have strong roots in Punjabi Cuisine. This is very famous among the different Indian restaurants as well as Singapore restaurants. In this, chunks of Chicken are marinated with different Indian spices such as Garam masala, Ginger, garlic, turmeric, chili, cumin, coriander and lemon zest. Although butter has been added to the dish and you will not feel heavy with this dish.
- Rojan Josh: This is actually a dish of the Persian features, but Indian spices have made this dish yummiest. With the chunks of lambs has been cooked in the gravy that is made with the help of browning of shallots, onions, yogurt, ginger and different aromatic spices
- Mixed Tikka: This is a next renowned Indian dish in Singapore. This dish is actually the combination of six different types of marinades before it is cooked in tandoori oven. This is actually the combination of sweet and sour flavors that adds some unique addition to the meal.
- Malabar Mutton Dum Briyani Set: Both Mutton and rice are cooked differently. These are layered one another. This dish is a unique combination of flavors and aromas and gives you outstanding feeling while eating these. This is the most suitable dish for those who are more concerned about the different flavors.
- Masala Dosa: Most of the Singaporean loves to eat the North Indian Cusine Masala Dosa. This is actually thicker crispy pancake that is made from the different secret recipes that contain different fermented rice batter and black lentils. You can also enjoy the different chutneys, especially green mint is the special type of sauce that adds a wonderful taste to your dosa. This is one of the lighter food of great India.
- Old Delhi Golgappa Chaat with Chilled Jaljeera Oxide: Most of the Singapore restaurants love to serve this dish. This dish is actually the fusion of different Indian and Western cultures. Everyone is amazed at its creative and unique presentation. This is actually the medley of ghee potatoes and lentils and also served with liquid Jaljeera.
- Paneer Chilli Chilli Tika: This is the best Indian food that is liked by all. In this dish, Thick cheese cubes are marinated and cooked in the tandoor. This dish provides the smoky Aroma and different flavors. This is mostly served with lemon and mint chutney. This is the best add-ons to balance against heaviness.
- Princess Apam: This is one of the Indian dishes that is made with fermented rice batter and coconut milk. This is crispy to the edges and doughy in the center. You can dip this in the orange sugar. This is served with the grated coconut.
- Pudina Lachha Paratha: Pudina Lachha Paratha is the shallow fried layer bread, common in Singapore. This is mostly paired with the Dal Tadka (yellow lentils) in order to give the perfect blend of the freshest.
- Poori Set Meal with Chicken: This is actually deep fried Indian bread. This is one of the under price dish in Singapore. This is commonly made with the wheat flour. The texture of this bread is thicker and crispier. This can absorb the curry better. This is commonly served with the creamy potatoes.
- Keema and chapatti: Chapatis are known as bread, these are made from the wheat flour. Keema is actually the curry of spices that is made from the minced mutton, peas, and potatoes.
- Tandoori Chicken: This is a very popular dish among Singaporean Indians. The reason behind it is that it is homemade and reasonable. You can get the rice with some gravy, chicken, vegetables. This is considered as best Lunch Set.
- Fish Head Curry: Fish Head Curry is one of the best fish curries in Singapore, this is mostly served in the Banana leaf Apolo. This is famous for its taste as it is spicy, aromatic and thick. This will definitely leave your mouth tingling for a long period of time.
- Roll Up: This is actually the Indian food with the twist. These are actually a combination of Indian, Kebabs and Arab Cuisine. Kebabs are mostly made with the different varieties of meat. Kebabs and vegetables are stuffed with the soft rolls. Then Enjoy this meal by dipping your kebab in the juicy and flavored packed sauces that are made completely in-house.
- Murtabak: This is the one of the Singapore Indian Dish. This is made with the thin fluffy pastry which contains fillings of meat and vegetables. The pastry is prepared by shallow frying it. This is cut into smaller pieces before it is served to you. Over the last few decades, the Singaporean Indian food has done new innovations that have sprung up with the different kinds of alternatives such as cheese murtabak, onion murtabak etc.
• Sup Kambing: The other name of Sup Kambing is the mutton soup. This is very delicious, spicy, rich in flavors. All the mutton chunks boil in the soup until it gets soft and tender. This mutton soup is garnished with the different fried shallots and cilantro leaves, these two things give the extra kick to the whole of the dish. The color of the soup is not so good, but the taste of the soup is mouth watering. This is actually distinguished with the Chinese mutton soup by its color. This is slightly thicker in consistency. This is mostly served with tendons or bones, French Loaf bread. This is the best soup in the hot and cold soup category